[Tagging] Mountain Ranges

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 01:33:13 UTC 2019

Mountain ranges of continental length are usually made up of shorter, named
ranges. I’d start by tagging the shorter ones.

For extremely long ranges we would neeed to use relations, as is done for
the 5000km long “Interstate” motorways in the USA and long rivers in  all
countries.

Unfortunately, most data users are not going to be able to use the whole
linear relation now, but this is also a problem that needs to be solved for
long roads and rivers.

Joseph