[Tagging] transaction parameters for ATMs

<0174 V0174 at v0174.net
Thu Feb 14 12:26:05 UTC 2019

Hi,

Frederik Ramm wrote:

*I'd say we stick to stuff that is explicitly signposted on the machine -
if the machine says what the limit is or what the network is or what
currencies it has, then map that, but don't map data gathered by
interacting with the machine. *

one use case:

I was recently in Nepal and the ATMs there have very low withdrawal limit
(c. 10,000 to 25,000 NPR, that is about 200 €) and always a fee.
Withdrawing larger sums of money i.e. for several weeks of trekking can get
quite expensive if one chooses an ATM with low limit.
There are many ATMs in cities and towns, but since the limit is not written
on the ATM, the only was to find the good ones is to use them (and to risk
losing your card).

That's one reason why I would suggest to not dismiss tagging with info
taken from interacting with the ATM. I suppose sometimes the max. amount
can differ based on the card issuer, but I believe we should reflect such
cases in the tagging scheme. Sometimes there is no other way and this
information could help a lot.

<0174

čt 14. 2. 2019 v 12:52 odesílatel Joseph Eisenberg <