[Tagging] StreetComplete 10 / foot=yes on residential

Tobias Zwick osm at westnordost.de
Thu Feb 14 22:32:40 UTC 2019

> Agreed. I don't see much of a difference between residential and higher
> class roads. I would even argue that around here a sidewalk=no + foot=no
> is even less likely on higher class roads than on residentials.

How so? I have the impression, we (all) have different kinds of road in
mind, when arguing whether or not an explicit foot=yes/no is reasonable
or not.
I have these kind of road (sections) in mind that I already mentioned:
underpasses, tunnels, bridges, but also (large) intersections,
roundabouts, links between roads and any other occurances where in OSM,
multiple ways are drawn even though in reality, it is just one road.
So, what kind of roads do you have in mind?

Tobias