[Tagging] Proposal - Key:access=restricted

Jarek PiĆ³rkowski jarek at piorkowski.ca
Sat Feb 23 18:53:15 UTC 2019

On Sat, 23 Feb 2019 at 12:54, henkevdb <mail at henkevdb.be> wrote:
> Possibility to 'introduce' a Key:access=restricted ... with description ; traffic only open for mentioned*=yes .

IMHO: What is the advantage over using access=no? access=no already
compounds like this. This also works in parallel with existing
schemes, like restriction=no_left_turn + except=bus.

> Could be a simple 'replacement' for several others, like i.e. ;
>
> access=restricted + agricultural=yes (because ;"Only for agricultural traffic")
> and access=restricted + forestry=yes (because; "Only for forestry traffic.")

access=no + agricultural=yes
access=no + forestry=yes

More specific tag overrides the general "access" tag

> and access=restricted + delivery=yes (because; "Only when delivering to the element")

access=delivery is in the wiki table and already has 12000 uses
Possibly many cases can be described as access=destination which has
247000 uses

> Because there is some 'confusing' for several 'cases' -> https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?id=65458

highway=track + foot=yes + bicycle=yes + motor_vehicle=private should
cover it, optionally also access=no (which is then overridden for
foot=yes, bicycle=no, motor_vehicle=private)

You said in the forum "not such a good tag for paths along
watercourses" to access=private but I don't really understand why you
think this.

--Jarek