[Tagging] Proposal - Key:access=restricted

Markus selfishseahorse at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 19:35:17 UTC 2019

Hi!

On Sat, 23 Feb 2019, 18:55 henkevdb, <mail at henkevdb.be> wrote:

> Possibility to 'introduce' a Key:access=restricted
> <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:access%3Drestricted> ... with
> description ; *traffic only open for mentioned*=yes* .
>
> Could be a simple 'replacement' for several others, like i.e. ;
>
> access=restricted + agricultural=yes (because ;"Only for agricultural
> traffic")
>
> and access=restricted + forestry=yes (because; "Only for forestry
> traffic.")
>
> and access=restricted + delivery=yes (because; "Only when delivering to
> the element")

Seems you are mixing up transport mode, which is the key, with access,
which is the value.

For example, agricultural=* means agricultural vehicles (a transport mode)
[1], while *=agricultural means agricultural traffic is allowed (access)
[2].

Thus,

* 'only for agricultural traffic' is vehicle=agricultural
* 'only for forestry traffic' is vehicle=forestry
* 'only for agricultural or forestry traffic' is
vehicle=agricultural;forestry
* 'only when delivering to the element' is *=delivery (transport mode
depending on additional traffic sign, probably vehicle=delivery)

Even if only one transport mode is allowed, this can be tagged access=no +
<transport mode>=yes, for example access=no + psv=yes if only public
service vehicles are allowed. Therefore i don't see why we would need
*=restricted.

[1]: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:agricultural
[2]: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:access#Access_tag_values

Regards