[Tagging] Clarification unclassified vs residential

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 05:26:41 UTC 2019

On 26/02/19 10:59, Sergio Manzi wrote:

> +1 here too, and a little bit of the same concerns expressed by Andy
> (https://xkcd.com/927/)
>
> BTW, in the Italian mailing list there is currently a thread
> discussing if and how we should tag highways according to what are the
> official categories in the Italian Traffic Code (/Codice della
> Strada/) are.
>
> There the concern is most about how to tag an official classification
> (/something that is implicit in the tag value in UK, if I'm not
> mistaken/) instead of a "descriptive classification".

Is ther a UK page that has these official classifications? They maybe of
use to fit others classifications to.

> But other concerns are emerging too (/at least in my head!/), like the
> administrative responsibility under which a given road falls (/state,
> region, province, municipality, private/)

Use operator=* ???

> and ad-hoc values as input for the router (/s//peed limits, traffic
> density, etc./

Rather than the density.. traffic speed could be more usefull? Example
traffic_speed=20 @ 6:00-19:00 Mon-Fri , traffic_speed=15 @ 9:00-17:00
Sat-Sun (yes, busier on the weekends!)/.
/If no traffic_speed then routers use the max_speed../

/