[Tagging] Clarification unclassified vs residential

Sergio Manzi smz at smz.it
Mon Feb 25 23:59:00 UTC 2019

+1 here too, and a little bit of the same concerns expressed by Andy (https://xkcd.com/927/)

BTW, in the Italian mailing list there is currently a thread discussing if and how we should tag highways according to what are the official categories in the Italian Traffic Code (/Codice della Strada/) are.

There the concern is most about how to tag an official classification (/something that is implicit in the tag value in UK, if I'm not mistaken/) instead of a "descriptive classification".

But other concerns are emerging too (/at least in my head!/), like the administrative responsibility under which a given road falls (/state, region, province, municipality, private/) and ad-hoc values as input for the router (/s//peed limits, traffic density, etc. *OR* a comprehensive "preference"value  /).

Keep on going!

Cheers,

Sergio