[Tagging] Mistagging footways as highway=pedestrian

Jarek PiĆ³rkowski jarek at piorkowski.ca
Thu Feb 28 18:33:01 UTC 2019

On Thu, 28 Feb 2019 at 13:11, Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Vehicular access may be
> prohibited by law, even if it's physically possible.  Or it may be restricted to service vehicles
> supplying shops along the way (do we have an access value for that?)

Yes, of course, access=delivery, possibly access=destination

See https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/access:conditional#values

> Even if the restrictions are not legal they may be civil: "This is mine and I only permit
> pedestrians."

access=private + foot=yes (or foot=permissive, depending on how
permanent the owner is feeling)

> Quite a few town centres have former roads which are now pedestrian precincts.  Some of which
> allow vehicles at certain times of day to resupply shops.

You will find many of those are so tagged :) Check out
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/259241737 for an example