[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Mapping disputed boundaries (Version 1.6)
okosm at johnfreed.com
Wed Jan 2 08:16:31 UTC 2019
I have just posted version 1.6 of my proposal on mapping disputed
boundaries. It tightens the definition of the "controlled by" tag in an
effort to improve verifiability.
- *Version 1.6*
- Defining terms for "controlled_by" tag to improve verifiability.
- *Version 1.5.1*
- Adding role de_facto for boundary relations in Conflict Areas.
- *Version 1.5*
- Eliminating Zones of Control as concept.
- Permitting claimed_by and controlled_by tags to be placed
directly on administrative boundary relations, eliminating those (now
redundant) Zones of Control
- Other Zones of Control become Boundary Claim relations.
- *Version 1.4.2*
- Changing Crimea example to conform to current administrative
- *Version 1.4.1*
- Changing "all" keyword to a list for the value of the
- Adding "UN" as a special value for the "controlled_by" tag.
- *Version 1.4*
- Using maritime boundaries instead of land boundaries
- Eliminating redundant or unneeded relations:
- De facto relation is eliminated; it is now the same as the
existing administrative boundary
- Minimal boundary is eliminated; it is now a Zone of Control with
role "undisputed" in Master Claim
- Master Claims and Zones of Control are eliminated when not
needed, such as for countries with no disputes
- Conflict Areas are explicitly made optional
- Roles in Master Claim now differentiate how claimant and zone are
related: undisputed, joint, de facto, claimed
- Describing administered territories
- Adding how to change the criteria for the List of Claiming Entities
- *Version 1.3*
- Possible extensions page added
- Flattening the hierarchy by removing Disputed and Undisputed Areas
- Three Boundary Relations: de facto, master, minimal
- All Zones of Control have the role zone in the three Boundary
- Eliminating Lines of Control
- Country code tag introduced
- *Version 1.2*
- Removing "according_to" tags
- Adding Zones of Control and Lines of Control
- Adding Disputed Areas and Undisputed Areas
- Using type=land_area + land_area=administrative
- Full country relations are no longer members of each other.
- *Version 1.1*
- Adding "according_to" tag for relations
- *Version 1.0*
- Initial proposal.
- Land-based borders only; no maritime claims.
- De facto and claimed borders and roles
- List of Claiming Entities
- OSM-designated borders
- Claimed border relation becomes a member of the De Facto border
relation, and vice versa
I welcome feedback (public or private) on the new Resolution Period idea
for the "controlled by" tag -- the notion itself, and the length of the
I've archived some of the comments that are no longer applicable.
The proposal is here:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Tagging