[Tagging] Trail register

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 01:25:07 UTC 2019

On 05/01/19 09:35, Kevin Kenny wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 4, 2019 at 5:21 PM Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have one near me.
>> Some are more of a 'route register' - you state your intended route as
>> there are several choices, if not here then later. Probably best to
>> include this in any definition.
> The ones here, too - the last column, "What are your plans?" in the
> example register that I showed in the photo, is totally open-ended.
> I've registered for cross-country ("bushwhack") trips many times. The
> Adirondack and Catskill parks have no requirement to stay on trail,
> and many of the interesting destinations are trail-less.
>
> I see that two posters have suggested "man_made" - but the existing
> uses all appear to be in the "tourism" category. Bug or feature?

:)  They are man made. I don't see them as a normal tourism feature.

The one near me is not a trail head ... probably because there would be too much vandalism if it were on the commonly used areas, so it is at a place where the trail walkers pass by but the normal public don't go.

I do know of others that are in more 'popular rather than hidden away.