[Tagging] Trailhead tagging

Peter Elderson pelderson at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 13:31:03 UTC 2019

Haha, of course you can find some questionnable examples! The forst is a
very new TOP, they put it in place before the expected route changes. There
are some local routes and horse trails,  which are not recorded in OSM,
and it's part of the cycling node network. Cycling routre LF9 is there. And
access to watersports, though I wouldn't call that a "trail" unless there
are markings to follow by boat. (Other places do have canoe/rowing trails,
but I haven't seen those on this particular location.)

The "Natuurpoort" ('nature gate') is a different series from the TOPs. It
has no formal requirement as to hiking/cycling trails, but gives access to
areas we consider to be nature. The routes through the area start or pass
through this location. These include hiking trails, local trails, cycling
routes, horse routes, and sometimes other routes. Many of those are not
recorded in OSM, and there is no guarantee that any OSM route passes
through there.

The example you give is close to the cycling and hiking node networks. It
also serves the regional trail "Hertogenpad".

So both locations are actually there, including stele, information boards
and guideposts, and designed/designated and named for the purpose of
accessing various routes and trails.

If someone made a POI map or POI list for hikers and maybe a router app for
hikers, you would want these locations showed/listed/routed as well.

Op za 5 jan. 2019 om 12:36 schreef Tobias Wrede <list at tobias-wrede.de>:

> Am 03.01.2019 um 00:57 schrieb Peter Elderson:
> > Thanks for the comments. Please understand that the mentioned proposal
> > is not my proposal.
> >
> You were referring to it and in my opinion you tried to tweak it a bit
> too much for your purposes. But let's continue this on the other
> sub-thread. :-)
>

> > To see the trails starting at one of these places you best look at
> > Nederland on waymarkedtrails. They all have multiple hiking/foot
> > routes and walking routes to hop on, and most support other modalities.
>
> I had looked at a few examples also on waymarkedtrails and often found
> no real trails nearby. e.g.:
>
> https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/6141092007#map=16/52.3836/5.6325
> https://hiking.waymarkedtrails.org/#routelist?map=16!52.3836!5.6325
>
> or
>
> https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/6141092027/#map=15/51.4414/5.8639
> https://hiking.waymarkedtrails.org/#routelist?map=15!51.4414!5.8648
> (knooppuntennetwerk close by but not a named trail)
>
> The latter TOP is named "Natuurpoort De Peel". So I was wondering are
> these realy trailheads (in the sense of you can access some or several
> trails here) or are these just designated general recreation spots?
>
> Tobias

Vr gr Peter Elderson