[Tagging] wheelchair designated parking space tagging?

Richard ricoz.osm at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 20:41:22 UTC 2019

On Sat, Jan 05, 2019 at 01:51:51PM +0100, Georg Feddern wrote:
> Am 04.01.2019 um 23:22 schrieb Warin:
> >Possibly there needs to be a main wiki page for 'disabled' features
> >tagging, toilets, tactile paving, parking, access.
> >
> >On 05/01/19 07:58, Paul Allen wrote:
> >>On Fri, 4 Jan 2019 at 20:44, Richard <ricoz.osm at gmail.com
> >><mailto:ricoz.osm at gmail.com>> wrote:
> >>
> >>    looking through the wiki can't find how parking space designated
> >>    for wheelchair/disabled users should be tagged?
> >>

> Having a main page - and actualize it - is a really kind service.
> BTW: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:wheelchair _is_ such a main
> page.

yes and I have added your valuable input there.

> But I do not understand, why people who look-and-not-found something in the
> wiki do not _search_ it.
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?search=parking+disabled&title=Special:Search&profile=default&fulltext=1&searchToken=43w1ocpu8z9o2545k2x9jn3vd
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?search=parking+wheelchair&title=Special:Search&profile=default&fulltext=1&searchToken=bquqcdlt1bi3tzdtjohslf972

because "disabled" was not mentioned very prominently in key:wheelchair before
I edited it. Even though I knew "disabled" it is just one of the many things
to try to search for and it simply didn't cross my mind. Btw for a computer
scientist "disabled" rings the wrong bells.

Richard