[Tagging] motorcycle tagging

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 22:47:27 UTC 2019

> sent from a phone
>
>> On 5. Jan 2019, at 08:25, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Not mandatory in OSM ... "Any tags you like".
>
> you can use any tags you like in your mapping, but that doesn’t imply “changing” tags. It is one thing adding motorcycle:* tags, and another removing “old style” tags.
> Or changing the value of a “standard key” from something well known to something “new” (not established) (provided the well known value applies according to common understanding).

Thanks for reading the words and not adding to there meaning :)

I too do not encourage changing current tags to some other tag. Only with depreciated tags would I encourage there replacement with more current tag use.

> And it doesn’t imply changing the tagging recommendations in the wiki unilaterally. You can do this on your user page, but not in the common space.
>
> I agree with Allan’s proposition and ask him to set up a proposal.

Rather than 'set up a proposal' I would ask the contributor (and that is not Allen) to discuss the matter here.

Possible problems are that the contributor does not have good English skills and maybe reactant to enter into that problem area combined with the problem of tagging.