[Tagging] Trailhead tagging

Tobias Wrede list at tobias-wrede.de
Sun Jan 6 11:10:16 UTC 2019

Am 03.01.2019 um 00:57 schrieb Peter Elderson:

> About the use of referencing tags. I agree this is not yet the best
> result. Wikipedia links to the dutch page for TOP's (as they are
> called here), I think that is correct. url links to a site which lists
> all the official dutch trailheads. website links to the recreational
> publishing sites of different official operators. Each province has
> its own operator (and trailhead style).  Some of those have a web page
> for each trailhead, others have a simple list, others an interactive
> map or search function... and they reorganise quite often. Permalinks?
> What? Never heard of...) so we don't link deep but refer to a
> list/search/map/filter page.
>

> Op wo 2 jan. 2019 om 23:43 schreef Tobias Wrede <list at tobias-wrede.de
> <mailto:list at tobias-wrede.de>>:
>

>     As a side note: Looking at the examples I found that you added
>     keys like
>     wikipedia=nl:Toeristisch Overstappunt
>     url=https://gpsfietsroutesnederland.nl/toeristische-overstappunten/
>     website=https://www.natuurpoorten.nl/
>     <https://gpsfietsroutesnederland.nl/toeristische-overstappunten/website=https://www.natuurpoorten.nl/>
>
>     These are all generic references that could be added to the OSM wiki
>     page. On the individual trailheads I would expect a website of the
>     specific trail.

Would you add https://www.government.nl/topics/primary-education to all
amenity=school in the Netherlands? Or
wikipiedia=nl:Lijst_van_hogeronderwijsinstellingen_in_Nederland for all
amenity=university? Or wikipedia=nl:Lijst_van_rivieren_in_Nederland to
all the rivers? Or even wikipedia=nl:Rivier?

I think the Wikipedia and website links should be very specific to the
individual object and not replace a dictionary.

Tobias