[Tagging] Allotments plot / lot tagging and ref?

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 12:03:07 UTC 2019

On Mon, 7 Jan 2019 at 06:45, Anton Klim <tohaklim at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think iD might be rendering refs now, unless I misremember.

I just checked, and iD doesn't display the ref, only the name.  But it no
longer needs
an explicit area=yes to get the label in the centre of the plot rather than
putting it along
the edge as though the closed way were a highway.

> Using ref seems more logical than coming up with a ref replacement just
> for allotments.

Yes and no.  IIRC, ref has been pressed into use for things it was never
intended to do
and caused some problems.  OTOH, it's now well-established so you're right
that it
doesn't seem logical to invent a replacement, especially when the original
proposal
(and its purportedly approved version) said to use ref=*.

--
Paul