[Tagging] Tagging of =?utf-8?Q?amenity=3Dkindergarten_?=operated by charitable operators and organisations

Konrad Lischka klischka at mailbox.org
Mon Jan 7 15:53:56 UTC 2019

Hello,

the proper tagging of kindergarten grounds in Germany really makes me think.
The problem: We have a lot of operators that are independent charitable entities (for example registered associations see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Registered_association_(Germany) but belong to charitable organisation too like Caritas or Paritätischer.

My solution would be:
amenity=kindergarten
operator=[Name of theregistered association]
operator:type=charitable
organisation=[organisation name like Caritas]

What do you think?

Two points:
(1) operator:type
=charitable is hardly used (https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/operator%3Atype=charitable)
=private_non_profit (https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/operator%3Atype=private_non_profit) seems more common (https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/operator%3Atype=private_non_profit)
but it is not the same. In Germany the tax authorities give the charitable status only to some organisation based on a few defined areas of work in the social or educational field. Non-Profis are more commons, but not the same.

(2) organisation=
The use seems to be rather uncodified
The is no https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:organisation
alltough there is some use: https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/organisation