[Tagging] Facts and opinions

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 21:33:23 UTC 2019

On Tue, 8 Jan 2019 at 23:36, Simon Poole <simon at poole.ch> wrote:

> I'm not convinced that we really want to model such a level of detail in
> the first place,

Agree with you there!

If the place is a shop=tyres, isn't that really all that OSM needs to say?

After that, isn't it up to "you" to make a simple phone call, or look at
their linked website, to check if they sell motorbike or bicycle tyres?

& where do we stop with extreme details?

As Martin put it

"or sells=tyres:white:motorcycle..."

sells=tyres:car:brand_a:black;brand_a:white_wall;brand_a:white_lettering:brand_b:black,,,

Then do we start on tyre sizes?

tyres:car:brand_a:195_65r15 for literally the 1000s (10s of 1000s?) of
variants that any tyre shop will carry?

Where does it end?

Thanks

Graeme