[Tagging] Facts and opinions

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Wed Jan 9 18:27:10 UTC 2019

Jan 8, 2019, 10:33 PM by graemefitz1 at gmail.com:

> On Tue, 8 Jan 2019 at 23:36, Simon Poole <> simon at poole.ch <mailto:simon at poole.ch>> > wrote:
>

>> I'm not convinced that we really want to model such a level of      detail in the first place,
>>

> Agree with you there!
>
> If the place is a shop=tyres, isn't that really all that OSM needs to say?

I am fine with tagging more detailed info. But I would be equally fine with deleting any
outdated detailed info.

I think that this two would balance well.

> After that, isn't it up to "you" to make a simple phone call, or look at their linked website, to check if they sell motorbike or bicycle tyres?

It would be nice to be able to store that info - it would allow search for nearest shop
selling motorbike tyres that would be automatic and take less than second
rather than manual and take minutes (or hours if many close shop=tyres are not selling them)

> & where do we stop with extreme details?

At level where mappers are unwilling to maintain up to date information.