[Tagging] Feature Proposal – RFC – natural=peninsula (Was: Feature Proposal – RFC – place=peninsula)

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Wed Jan 9 09:35:05 UTC 2019

Hi,

On 01.01.19 16:59, Markus wrote:
> Thanks for your comments so far! I've changed the proposed tag to
> natural=peninsula:

It would be great if you could make it clear that the tag should be used
for *small* peninsulas (peninsulae?) only, and is not intended as a
vehicle to catalogue everything that technically is a peninsula.

I fear that people will otherwise with great diligence and fun tag
things like the "Iberian Peninsula" which will not be of any use and
just lead to more relation clutter. (Cf. discussion about bays.)

Bye
Frederik