[Tagging] Feature Proposal – RFC – natural=peninsula

Ture Pålsson ture at turepalsson.se
Wed Jan 9 11:51:21 UTC 2019

2019-01-09 10:35, Frederik Ramm wrote
:
> [ ... ]
> I fear that people will otherwise with great diligence and fun tag
> things like the "Iberian Peninsula" which will not be of any use and
> just lead to more relation clutter. (Cf. discussion about bays.)

I mentioned the discussion of bays to a friend, who immediately said "of
course areas with fuzzy boundaries should be mapped as a function that,
given a point, returns 0 if the point is certainly outside the area, 1
if it's certainly inside, and somewhere inbetween if it's in the fuzzy
bit!"

I'd rather not be the one to implement that, though... :-)