[Tagging] Drain vs ditch

Eugene Podshivalov yaugenka at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 16:27:30 UTC 2019

> I propose to delete that proposal from the wiki as it contradicts the
> definition of waterway=ditch.

I don't think we should delete it because "ditch" in reality does stand for
both land drainage and irrigation.
In other words "ditches" are used to drain surplus water from wetland and
supply water to dry land.
Whereas "drains" are used to drain storm or waste water or industrial
discharge and are usually lined with concrete or similar.

I suggest we update the definitions on the wiki to reflect these statement
clearly.