[Tagging] Trailhead tagging

Peter Elderson pelderson at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 17:05:36 UTC 2019

For the basic trailhead definition, extra's are not required or implied.
Just a (visibly) designated place for people to start a trail.
The Trans-Pennine Trail trailhead is a trailhead, not a Dutch TOP.
Nederland has trailheads other than TOPs.

Other tags that may be used with a trailhead node to map specific details
or accompanying features for a particular trailhead are another issue, and
will probably vary a lot according to country, specific location and
judgment by the local mapper.

Op vr 11 jan. 2019 om 17:45 schreef Andy Townsend <ajt1047 at gmail.com>:

> On 11/01/2019 13:51, Steve Doerr wrote:
>
> On 11/01/2019 12:56, Paul Allen wrote:
>
> All you actually need is some form of tag for a TOP.
>

> Agreed
>
> designation = toeristisch_overstappunt
>

> Notwithstanding the 'It's not a "legal classification"' that was
> top-posted in a follow-up message, that's a better option than anything
> else so far.
>
> There's actually something that essentially conforms to
> https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toeristisch_Overstappunt /
> https://translate.google.com/#view=home&op=translate&sl=nl&tl=en&text=https%3A%2F%2Fnl.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FToeristisch_Overstappunt
> outside of Chesterfield station in the UK .  There's no TOP-style "obelisk"
> but there is the very prominent logo of the Trans-Pennine Trail, which is
> the path that it serves.  I've just added the info board at
> https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/6201454917 , but the other features
> (easy access from multiple modes of transport) were there already.
>
> There's no way that I'd map it as a trailhead though, whereas the ones
> that Kevin Kenny describes in his mail today obviously are.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Andy

Vr gr Peter Elderson