[Tagging] Trailhead tagging

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 17:15:31 UTC 2019

On 11/01/2019 17:05, Peter Elderson wrote:
>  The Trans-Pennine Trail trailhead is a trailhead

No - it really isn't.  That was my entire point.  I'm willing to bet a
small round of beer in the pub up the road that almost no-one walking
past that info board will say "oh look - that's a trailhead for the TPT".

The problem with trying to shoe-horn other features into a particular
definition is that it dilutes the value of the features with that tag
that have already been mapped - in this case trailheads where "everyone"
will agree that they are trailheads.

That's not to say that the features that you're trying to record aren't
very important - I'm sure that they are, and it would make total sense
for a Dutch-focused transport, cycling or wanderroute-oriented map to
show them.

Best Regards,

Andy