[Tagging] Trailhead tagging

Peter Elderson pelderson at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 17:23:44 UTC 2019

What Kevin said was not my aim, I have said that before. I agreed with the general description Kenny came up with. Those places can be (and have been) tagged highway=trailhead, whether these are also TOPs or not, that is the idea.

You can disagree whether particular places now marked as trailheads match this description, but the issue here is: tagging the places that do match it. If there is consensus, then we (mappers) can evaluate  individual nodes.

I agree some of the TOPs will probably not qualify, but most of them will. Not because they are TOPs, but because they are places visibly designed to start hiking or riding on one or more routes.

Let’s talk additional and localised tagging after this basic step. Did I hear you menton “consensus”?

Mvg Peter Elderson