[Tagging] Trailhead tagging

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Tue Jan 22 21:14:59 UTC 2019

Jan 11, 2019, 8:43 AM by pelderson at gmail.com:

> Analogy is not right. Not tagging all trailheads with this wikipedia reference, just the specific limited set fitting this specific concept described on the wikipedia page.
> Any of the existing prefixed keys does not fit either, e.g. brand:wikipedia or operator:wikipedia is not fitting: it's not a brand and it's not an operator, it's a concept used by multiple operators (will be 12 operators in the end).
> So you could invent concept:wikipedia and add that to the trailheads using the concept. What would that accomplish? Exactly the same information, on exactly the same amount of nodes, just bypassing the existing referencing mechanisms, making it useless. The prefix keys are useful if multiple wikipedia references are applicable (according to the mapper).

It is useful as it avoids incorrect wikipedia tags that are supposed to link article specifically
about a given feature.

There are some uses of that - for example Nominatim using it as importance hint,
I have a tool detecting tourism attractions, and there are probablt many more uses that
I am unaware of.

I you consider adding this link as valuable please use a proper tag (AKA not wikipedia) - otherwise
someone sooner or later will remove such incorrect uses (and it is not certain that she/he will
bother with inventing new key).