[Tagging] Trailhead tagging

Dave Swarthout daveswarthout at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 23:39:57 UTC 2019

Kevin said:
I'm therefore going to stick with 'designated or customary place to
begin or end a trip on a trail.'

Me too. I've mapped many such trailheads in Alaska and almost everybody I
know would recognize the term trailhead as meaning a point of access to a
path or trail. It's fine to add other details, like parking, toilets,
registration facilities, etc. separately. I haven't followed this thread
carefully, so can't speak to the TOP situation fully but I do know a
trailhead when I see it on a map or otherwise.

Dave

On Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 6:16 AM Graeme Fitzpatrick <graemefitz1 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Jan 2019 at 09:04, Tod Fitch <tod at fitchdesign.com> wrote:
>

>> Guess: Someone found it on the trail and figured it would be easier for
>> the person missing it to find it hanging from the sign than some place
>> along miles of trail.
>>

> Bit of a problem when you've got to walk back the 65 klm looking for it!
>
> Thanks
>
> Graeme

Dave Swarthout
Homer, Alaska