[Tagging] Creating shop=caravan

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 00:46:44 UTC 2019

sent from a phone

> On 15. Jan 2019, at 22:48, Kevin Kenny <kevin.b.kenny at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Essentially, I don't think we're going to come up with anything better
> than 'do something arbitrary, and open tickets on the four or five
> most-widely-used editors asking their maintainers for help.'

from what we have seen I would say we need more than 1 top level category for sure.

1. shops for mobile homes (the American / Australian type)

2 shops where you can buy new or used caravans (trailers) and rv (motorized),

2a both under the same category and subtags to tell whether they have both or just one of it

2b or create two distinct main categories for these

3 businesses that create custom rv / caravan / expedition vehicles (and eventually subtags for specialization)

4 businesses that are specialized in rental of these

somehow we should also cover repair businesses specialized in these (under the shop key for repair only and additionally as property to add to others, or with a different key like craft or amenity)

whether we go for 2a or 2b could be decided based on what is more common: different shops or combined shops

we could use an invented term like camping_vehicle for self propelled RV and camping_trailer for caravans. Would these work in AE and BE?

Cheers, Martin