[Tagging] Drain vs. ditch

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 21:45:21 UTC 2019

On Wed, 16 Jan 2019 at 21:24, EthnicFood IsGreat <
ethnicfoodisgreat at gmail.com> wrote:

  I have been tagging them as drains, because they
> are too small to be called a stream, and they are not artificial, so
> they are not ditches.  (At least in the OSM sense.)

In the OSM sense both ditches and drains are artificial.   You dig a ditch
in the ground,
hence the term "ditch digging."   Drains are essentially ditches that are
lined with concrete.

You appear to be talking about small streams.  Which are, as far as OSM is
concerned, just
streams.  Using either drain or ditch for a natural stream, even a small
one, is tagging for the
renderer.

--
Paul