[Tagging] Trailhead tagging

Tobias Wrede list at tobias-wrede.de
Fri Jan 18 08:23:05 UTC 2019

Am 17.01.2019 um 08:32 schrieb Marc Gemis:
> A trailhead is the start of a trail, but I haven't seen the definition
> of a trail yet.
>
> An American trail seems like a long distance walking route in the
> wilderness. It's probably the same in Australia, Is that
> interpretation correct ? Is that a requirement for a trail ? If so,
> you will be disappointed by what there trails are behind the
> trailheads in The Netherlands (or Belgium).

 From my European view I would exclude the wilderness bit. A lot of
marked trails here path trough built-up area. There are even specific
trails mostly through very urban area. I would say a trail is anything
that would qualify for a route=hiking/bicycle/mtb/horse (possibly ski,
snowmobile, inline_skates,... , I've never dealt with the latter ones).

I would also encourage including the trailhead in the respective route
relation(s) with role=trailhead.

Tobias