[Tagging] Feature Proposal – RFC – natural=peninsula (Was: Feature Proposal – RFC – place=peninsula)

Markus selfishseahorse at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 20:45:44 UTC 2019

On Sat, 19 Jan 2019 at 01:21, Graeme Fitzpatrick <graemefitz1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Southport Spit https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=13/-27.9567/153.4276
> could all also be mapped as =cape (although the Spit should possibly be an =isthmus? {which doesn't actually exist yet!}))

The Southport Spit isn't an isthmus. An isthmus is a narrow strip of
land connecting two larger land masses, [1] see for example L'Isthme
de Penthièvre [2]. By the way, natural=isthmus already exists [3]; it
just lacks a proposal. But it's on my (fairly long) to-do list.

[1]: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isthmus
[2]: https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/9213792#map=14/47.5451/-3.1312
[3]: https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/natural=isthmus