[Tagging] Drain vs ditch

Markus selfishseahorse at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 22:21:06 UTC 2019

On Wed, 16 Jan 2019 at 13:40, Eugene Podshivalov <yaugenka at gmail.com> wrote:
> ditch - Small artificial free flow waterways used for irrigating or draining land as well as for deviding land. Irrigation ditches can be lined or unlined, drainage ditches are usually unlined. Consider using waterway=canal for large irrigation or land drainage channels. Consider using waterway=drain for lined superflous liquid drainage channels.

I would even go one step further and abandon waterway=drain.

The question that still remains is: what does "small" and "large" mean?



More information about the Tagging mailing list