[Tagging] The actual use of the level tag

PanierAvide panieravide at riseup.net
Mon Jan 21 08:19:12 UTC 2019

Hello,

Just for your information, there is also this "level:ref" tag which was
used in various context to solve this problem :

- level tag is still used as defined in Simple Indoor Tagging
- level:ref has a value which is linked to operator naming of levels

That way, casual mappers/consumers don't need to stick to level
definition which doesn't make regarding operator naming, they can set
level:ref according to what they are used to see. And we keep the level
definition which makes more sense for tools.

Regards,

Adrien.

PanierAvide
Géomaticien et développeur