[Tagging] The actual use of the level tag

Lionel Giard lionel.giard at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 09:10:59 UTC 2019

Yes it makes sense to keep this distinction : level tag can just be the
"logical order" of levels going from -xx to xx with an arbitrary 0 for each
building, so tools know the order (which one is above the other). Simple
Indoor Tagging already suggest the level:ref for the "local" naming scheme.
It could be used by tools when they show you the name of the level in their
interface (One example : a building with tags "level=0" + "level:ref=Ground
floor", instead of showing "level 0", the tool can display "Ground floor"
-> both the data user and the data consumers are happy ;-) ).