[Tagging] RfC - tagging whatever power line is isolated as attribute

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 20:58:05 UTC 2019

On Tue, 22 Jan 2019 at 20:44, Mateusz Konieczny <matkoniecz at tutanota.com>
wrote:

> (1) insulated suspension is certainly not visible on aerial images

True.

(2) I have no idea what "insulated suspension" is,
> googling (using both DuckDuckGo and Google) shows me mostly some bicycle
> element

Although I've not encountered that term (and suspect it was intended as a
description
rather than a technical term) in context it could only have meant that an
insulated
cable does not need to be suspended by insulators whereas an uninsulated
wire
(other than an earth wire) MUST be suspended by insulators.

Which is true.  Parts of my town use overhead cables/wires for domestic
distribution.  Just
around the corner from me is a place where a five uninsulated wires (which
are suspended
on insulators) transitions to an insulated cable (not suspended on
insulators).

--
Paul