[Tagging] RfC - tagging whatever power line is isolated as attribute

François Lacombe fl.infosreseaux at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 21:03:38 UTC 2019

Hi,

Le mar. 22 janv. 2019 à 21:44, Mateusz Konieczny <matkoniecz at tutanota.com>
a écrit :

> (1) insulated suspension is certainly not visible on aerial images

According to definitions below, even it's not seen from aerial imagery,
insulators can be seen from the ground
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c1/Electricity_pylon_DSCI0402.jpg

(2) I have no idea what "insulated suspension" is,
> googling (using both DuckDuckGo and Google) shows me mostly some bicycle
> element

According to IEC 466-11-09, a suspension clamp is a kind of conductor
attachment to a support, usually a tower
http://www.electropedia.org/iev/iev.nsf/display?openform&ievref=466-11-09

Those suspension are insulated with bare wires as to prevent the power line
to be in touch with the ground through the tower.

Regarding the vote, I proposed a tiny arrangement : rename insulated=yes/no
to insulation=yes/no/whatever to be able to use it more often
How about this ?

François