[Tagging] Forest parcel with other landcover (scrub, scree…): how to map?

Sergio Manzi smz at smz.it
Wed Jan 23 01:23:06 UTC 2019

Hi!

On 2019-01-23 02:10, Joseph Eisenberg wrote:
> The one thing that’s missing is a tag for the density of the main vegetation type; is it a dense canopy of trees, or dense scrubland, verses more widely spaced.

Not only that (and the "leaf cycle" thing): again, a forest is not a bunch of trees (/maybe all of the same kind/), and there are very good definitions for every kind of forest.

How would you tag a South Indian "Shola" or eastern Guadeloupe's tropical forest?

We are not interested in this kind of detail when it comes to nature?