[Tagging] Forest parcel with other landcover (scrub, scree…): how to map?

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 01:22:10 UTC 2019

Oh, and we shouldn’t forget leaf_type=leafless
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:leaf_type%3Dleafless>

This is used for cactus and other succulents, and it’s currently rendered
by the Openstreetmap-Carto style, for wood and forest.

Leaf_cycle is rendered by the Alternative-Colors style made by Christoph,
if you want to see an example of how this can look:

http://blog.imagico.de/differentiated-rendering-of-woodland-in-maps/

And

http://blog.imagico.de/more-on-vegetation-rendering-in-openstreetmap-maps/