[Tagging] Forest parcel with other landcover (scrub, scree…): how to map?

Sergio Manzi smz at smz.it
Wed Jan 23 03:49:38 UTC 2019

On 2019-01-23 04:14, Warin wrote:

> Temperate and Tropical moist/dry are climates... if those are to be mapped them go right ahead .. but they are not confined to forests, so should be mapped separately.

Those are simply the names biologists give to that forest types.  E.g. "Tropical moist" is a very specific type of forest. No mapping of the climate is implied (/but yes, //climate have influence on the forests of a particulare region, of course/).

And I missed the fact that we are (/or planning to/) map climates in OSM. Are we?  :-/