[Tagging] Forest parcel with other landcover (scrub, scree…): how to map?

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Wed Jan 23 09:03:30 UTC 2019

I admit that I am putting it on MP, despite that it would be more correct to
put in an outer way with some tagging indicating that it refers to this entire forest.

Unfortunately, I have no good idea for tagging it properly.

place=locality is rather for small places
landuse=logging, landuse=forestry would be also incorrect in nearly all cases
natural=forest, natural=wood - well, there is a reason why there is MP here

Maybe place=forest would fit well?

And in some cases like village or town inside forest second MP would be needed.

Jan 23, 2019, 8:55 AM by marc.gemis at gmail.com: