[Tagging] Drain vs ditch

Sergio Manzi smz at smz.it
Thu Jan 31 22:45:19 UTC 2019

Yes, great descriptions!

My only marginal objection is for canal: why don't you ditch (pun intended...) the "/used to carry useful water for transportation, hydro-power generation, //irrigation or land drainage purposes/" clause?

Are there any other "/Large man-made open flow (free flow vs pipe flow) waterways/" that should *not *be considered canals?

My concern is that somewhere in the world there could be a canal not built for any of those purposes and somebody could object to call it "a canal".

Also isn't "land drainage" potentially in contradiction with "useful water"?

Cheers,

Sergio