[Tagging] Maxtents=<number> or capacity:tents=<number> for campsites?

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Thu Jul 4 03:09:46 UTC 2019

On 04/07/19 11:47, Graeme Fitzpatrick wrote:

> On Wed, 3 Jul 2019 at 10:06, Joseph Eisenberg
> <joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com <mailto:joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Some users specify the number of tents or caravans allowed at a
>     campsite or camp pitch with tents=<number> and caravans=<number>, but
>     more frequently these are specified with capacity:caravans=<number>,
>     capacity:tents=<number> or maxtents=<number>
>
>     So I'm thinking that capacity:tents=# and capacity:caravans=# would be
>     the least ambiguous option, along with tents=yes/no and
>     caravans=yes/no?
>

> I've never seen an individual caravan site / pitch that will handle
> more than 1 caravan at a time, so I'm not sure if there's any need for
> that one?
>
> With regard to the number of tents on an individual site, you then get
> the potential problem of the size of the tent.
>
> Let's say that your tent site is 5m x 5m - you can get tents that are
> that size (& bigger!) so only 1 will fit, or, if a group of people are
> using 1-man pup tents / swags, they could probably fit 10 tents in
> that same area!
>
> Maybe just leave it as tent & caravan = yes / no, without the numbers
> / capacity fields?

You have never been camping in Germany. Some camp sites are regimented,
you are allocated a site/pitch on registering, yes for a tent!

Adels Grove in Queensland also dictates a site... and so does Lawn Hill
NP site. And there are NP sites in Tassie that do the same, booked sites
for tents.

So capacity:tents=# and capacity:caravans=# are valid things for camp
sites.

Camp pitches of larger size, with smaller tents ??? I'd leave it to the
mapper, if they want they can add the tag.