[Tagging] Maxtents=<number> or capacity:tents=<number> for campsites?

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 4 01:47:26 UTC 2019

On Wed, 3 Jul 2019 at 10:06, Joseph Eisenberg <joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Some users specify the number of tents or caravans allowed at a
> campsite or camp pitch with tents=<number> and caravans=<number>, but
> more frequently these are specified with capacity:caravans=<number>,
> capacity:tents=<number> or maxtents=<number>
>
> So I'm thinking that capacity:tents=# and capacity:caravans=# would be
> the least ambiguous option, along with tents=yes/no and
> caravans=yes/no?

I've never seen an individual caravan site / pitch that will handle more
than 1 caravan at a time, so I'm not sure if there's any need for that one?

With regard to the number of tents on an individual site, you then get the
potential problem of the size of the tent.

Let's say that your tent site is 5m x 5m - you can get tents that are that
size (& bigger!) so only 1 will fit, or, if a group of people are using
1-man pup tents / swags, they could probably fit 10 tents in that same area!

Maybe just leave it as tent & caravan = yes / no, without the numbers /
capacity fields?

Thanks

Graeme