[Tagging] [OSM-talk] Ways divided by paint?

Philip Barnes phil at trigpoint.me.uk
Thu Jul 4 10:11:00 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 4 July 2019, Snusmumriken wrote:
> On Wed, 2019-07-03 at 14:03 -0600, Jack Armstrong Dancer--- via talk
> wrote:
> > I've always had the impression we should not create separate traffic
> > lanes unless "traffic flows are physically separated by a barrier
> > (e.g., grass, concrete, steel), which prevents movements between said
> > flows."
>
> A painted line that has the legal status of "do not cross" is a
> perfectly fine reason to have a separate way.

I would strongly disagree with this statement, as others have said this is a place for lane mapping.

As a map user I do not see a separate way, it results in confusing navigation instructions, turn instead of take the first exit from the roundabout.

There are also times when lines are not visible due to snow, whiteover with frost or just salt turning the road white.

Phil (trigpoint)

--
Sent from my Sailfish device