[Tagging] one feature one element

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 00:16:31 UTC 2019

On 05/07/19 03:11, marc marc wrote:
> Le 04.07.19 à 18:26, Jmapb a écrit :
>> As far as I know, amenity=school is the *only* accepted landuse-esque
>> tagging for school grounds.
> it's the perfect example of confusion between two different things.
> if a school is located on the ground floor of an apartment, office,
> or commercial building, believing that amenity=school is a landuse
> is wrong.

Why?

The land is used by both the school and the other use.

Just as a high rise building with retail stores at the bottom and residential apartments at the top has 2 land uses.

I don't think it is 'wrong' .. just that OSM does not provide for 2 or more land uses of one area, and that is the bit that is 'wrong'.