[Tagging] lit=yes/no threshold

bkil bkil.hu+Aq at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 13:03:21 UTC 2019

In many parts of Hungary, vegetation can overshadow street lights,
especially if they are placed high enough. They may make efforts to
protect roads against this, but they rarely consider footways. Hence I
know a lot of streets where road illumination is fair, but the
sidewalk right beside it (maybe 1-2m from the road) is dark along the
majority of the road.

I also agree with Martin's definition of being lit and I usually do it
like that.

I don't split ways by the centimeter to specify illumination - if a
stretch of path has too many shadows, you need to bring your own
lights anyway, so I consider that not being lit.