[Tagging] shop=window(s) incorrectly deprecated in favor of craft=window_construction ?

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 13:55:59 UTC 2019

On 09/07/2019 14:47, marc marc wrote:
> Hello,
>
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:shop%3Dwindow
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:shop%3Dwindows
> "deprecated. The recommended replacement is: tag:craft=window_construction"
>
> but howto tag a shop that sell windows build/made elsewhere ?
> iho craft is only for the place where something is build
> and therefore a shop=* is needed
> values that currently exit : window(s) glaziery windows_construction

The relevant wiki change was
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Tag%3Ashop%3Dwindows&type=revision&diff=1257210&oldid=1000370
.  I'd start by asking the author of that change what discussion led
them to think that the tag was discouraged / deprecated?

There might be some - or there might not.

Best Regards,

Andy