[Tagging] Removing an ATM

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 14:09:20 UTC 2019

sent from a phone

> On 9. Jul 2019, at 15:57, Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Where an object is no longer physically present, such as a telephone booth that has
> been removed, then removed:amenity=telephone.

while disused and abandoned features make sense and can be observed, may help for orientation or might be reactivated, the same is not true for “removed”. There may be exceptional situations where it could still make sense (like you mention, e.g. to prevent people from recreating them from outdated aerial imagery), but I would not expect an atm or a telephone booth to be worth of mapping them after they have been removed. Delete them.

Cheers, Martin