[Tagging] shop=window(s) incorrectly deprecated in favor of craft=window_construction ?

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 23:17:35 UTC 2019

> sent from a phone
>
>> On 9. Jul 2019, at 17:42, Tobias Zwick <osm at westnordost.de> wrote:
>>
>> I always thought that there is no norm for standard sizes of windows
>
> there are standard sizes. In Germany the base grid measure for masonry is 12,5cm (based on one standard brick 24x11.5x7.1cm (Normalformat)), openings are +1cm. These are raw measures.

Just as doors come in standard sizes, so too do windows.

You can read the reasons why things come in standard sizes here
http://www.ausdesign.com.au/articles/article27.html

Of course you can get non standard sized windows and doors.. but they
cost more.

For firms supplying standard windows and there sizes see;

https://www.sdmdoors.co.uk/what-are-standard-upvc-window-sizes/
http://www.dowell.com.au/products/windows.html
https://www.stegbar.com.au/-/media/Files/Stegbar/Stegbar-Brochure-Downloads/Stegbar-Windows--Doors-Standard-Sizes-Brochure.pdf?as=1&hash=333F8B610BB36D4C35EF16F583E3D99A0F6E0BBB

and many more...