[Tagging] Rethinking Map Features

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 00:40:49 UTC 2019

On 11/07/19 09:46, Graeme Fitzpatrick wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Jul 2019 at 08:20, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com
>

>     With the above additional qualification to de facto, 'In use'
>     becomes a frequently used tag without any criticism.
>     The difference between the two is historical, before or after the
>     adoption of the approval process.
>     It distinguishes between those tags that could not have been
>     through the approval process and those that could but were not.
>

> So how do we go with creating a page for a tag that is "in use" but
> has apparently never been discussed?
>
> Last week, I asked about a Christmas shop, thinking about tagging it
> as shop=party, but it was pointed out that shop=christmas has actually
> been used 14 times, but apparently has never been discussed anywhere?

14? I don't think that is a 'significant' number of uses.

I made a wiki page for netball, which had some ~1,000 uses when I made
the page. Now over 6,000 uses... I have not bothered with the status of
it .. IIRC left it unstated.
Considering the present state of 'status' I probably won't bother with it.

> Does that make it "in use" / "de facto"?
>
> Am I OK to just create a page for shop=christmas, so other people know
> it exists, or should it go through the full RFC / voting procedure to
> be "approved"?

Your choice.