[Tagging] leisure=garden for private front/back gardens

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 08:11:21 UTC 2019

> sent from a phone
>
>> On 12. Jul 2019, at 09:12, Marc Gemis <marc.gemis at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Why would a private garden require a different key? Do we tag a
>> private wood / forest in a different way than one that is accessible
>> by the public? Do private parking lots get a different amenity-key ?
>> No, we refine this with additional tags.
>> This method can be applied to private gardens as well.
>
> For some features we do distinguish, for others not. For example a private bathroom, trash can or water tap would not be tagged like a publicly accessible one (we put generally more focus on usability/accessibility than on ownership).

Where are these private bathroom/s, trash can/s and water tap/s you mention Martin?

There are a few bathroom=* on the data base .. according to the values most of them are private but some are public.
No wiki page .. 12 users. They all appear to be toilets. So incorrectly tagged anyway - I expected a bath!!

I see no reason why 'private' things need another tag.

Private jetties get the same tag, private roads same tag ...